9 Reasons Why You Should Choose the HotSlot Roof Edge Ice Melt System:
- Most affordable roof edge ice melt system available
- Focuses heat right at the eave edge to effectively prevent icicles and gutter freeze-over
- Easiest to order
- Easiest to install in any season
- Simple one-piece, one-size-fits-all design works with virtually all shingle roofs and most metal roofs
- Engineered profile efficiently delivers heat where and when it is needed
- Sleek, architectural finished appearance
- Safe: UL Approved heating system
- Safe: Meets National Electrical Code Article 426 safety criteria
Let’s start by reviewing the 4 Rules of Thermodynamics as they relate to roof ice melt systems. Remember: if you follow the Rules, you have an effective, energy-efficient roof ice melt system:
- Minimize heat lost downward to the roof deck and fascia due to surface contact.
- Maximize heat transfer from the heater cables to the top melting surface.
- Maximize heat transfer from the heater cables to the drip edge.
- Eliminate air gaps in the heat transfer paths. Air is an insulator and the enemy of efficient heat transfer.