The PATENTED PRO® Roof Ice Melt System
PRO Installation and Operation Guide
Select the PRO when you want the greatest protection for your most demanding projects. It is our top-of-the-line ice melt system that’s been proven in the toughest, snowiest and coldest environments in America.
Like all Summit’s systems, every feature of the PRO has been engineered to maximize energy-efficient heat transfer to the melting surfaces, while minimizing heat loss via contact with the roof deck surface.
The UL rated high performance self-regulating heating system includes a massive, highly conductive aluminum core to distribute heat only where and when it is needed. The attractive, metallic cover completes the low-profile, high-performance system.
While others may tout energy-efficiency, Summit’s background in thermodynamics, construction, and manufacturing make PRO ice melt system the true standout in the industry. NO ONE besides Summit dares to do a side-by side comparison of comparable products. Click the buttons below to see how we melt the competition.
The PATENTED PRO is easily installed onto NEW AND EXISTING shingle roofs.
- PRO: Our commercial quality ice melt system that minimizes ice dam and icicle formations in moderate and heavy snow zones for roofs expecting more than 15″ snow accumulations and annual snowfalls of greater than 100″ (mountain resort areas, lake effect snow areas, etc.)
- Suitable for roof slopes 3/12 and greater
- Fifty (50) year warranty on the Base Panel
- Fifty (50) year warranty on the Cover
- Forty (40) year warranty on the Cover paint finish
- Ten (10) year warranty on the heater cable (Extendable to 20 years on Pre-qualified projects)
- See warranty for complete details
- Robust 24 watts/foot
Self-Regulating Heat Cable Provided:
- UL Listed, CSA Certified, and FM Approved
- 2 runs per panel
- Model S1 for 110 Vac system
- Model S2 for 208, 240, and 277 Vac systems
- Real 20 oz. copper
- Aluminum (High grade Kynar-500 finish)
Aluminum Cover Color Selection
- 12 standard colors
- 15 custom colors and metallics
- Standard is 5′, available up to 10′
- Base Panel
- Base Panel Lag Screws
- Industrial Quality Self-regulating Heater Cables (2 LF of 12 watt/foot cable per foot of panel)
- Panel Covers
- Panel Splice Covers
- 5′ Power Lead
- Expert Layout and Design Assistance