Heated Standing Seam Roof Ice Melt System
We are delighted to have our Patent-Pending Heated Standing Seam in our family of energy-efficient ice melt systems for roofs. The Heated Standing Seam is bona-fide metal roofing system designed to minimize ice dams and icicles across roof eaves where ice formations begin.
Metal roofing along roof eave edges is not a new concept. It has, in fact, become very fashionable, especially among upper-end residential and commercial projects. The intended purpose of using metal edging is to help prevent damage due to ice formations, and as an architectural statement for contemporary design.
Unfortunately, typical metal edging creates an entirely new set of problems. Shingle roofing still gets torn off, often above the wall line where it causes leaks. Ice dams form and dangerous masses of ice fall off the roof unpredictably. And worse, ice dam leaks occur at the busy transition between the metal edging and the primary roofing materials. More information on this is discussed here.
Summit’s history includes the manufacturing and installation of millions of feet of metal roofing in snow country. Add to that our expert resources for efficient heat transfer, and you’ve got the first true heated standing seam roof system available.
The Heated Standing Seam is unique. Its sleek batten profile cleverly houses the heating system. No longer does one have to use exposed heat tape cable to mitigate ice issues along metal roofing.
When your project calls for metal edging along the roof eaves, consider the Heated Standing Seam Metal Roofing System.
- For prevention of ice damage, ice dams and icicle formations along roof edges
- The only true heated standing seam metal roofing with a waterproof seam interlock
- A complete metal roofing system, including Drip Eave, “Z” closure, Gable, and transition flashings
- Suitable for roof slopes 3/12 and greater
- Fifty (50) year warranty on the Base Panel
- Forty (40) year warranty on the Kynar-500 paint finish
- Ten (10) year warranty on the heater cable (Extendable to 20 years on pre-qualified projects)
- See warranty for complete details
- Varies on profile desired.
Self-Regulating Heat Cable Provided:
- UL Listed, CSA Certified, and FM Approved
- 2 run per batten
- Model S1 for 110 Volt system
- Model S2 for 208, 240, and 277 Volt systems
- Real 20 oz. copper
- Aluminum (High grade Kynar-500 finish)
Aluminum Cover Color Selection
- 12 Standard colors
- 15 Custom colors and metallics
- Available up to 10′ lengths
- Extended Drip Eave Trim
- Gable Trim
- “Z” Closure flashing
- Vertical and Horizontal Base Panels
- Industrial Quality Self-regulating Heater Cables
- Batten-style standing seam roofing panels with integrated fastener strip along male rib
- Expert Layout and Design Assistance