Compare Summit’s PRO ice melt system to Company “A”
At a distance, all roof ice melt systems may look alike.
Just how does PRO ice melt system compare?
- More energy efficient: PRO ice melt system uses 33% LESS energy than theirs.
- PRO circuits extend 50% FURTHER, so fewer home run circuits.
- Less heat is lost downward to roof deck: PRO ice melt system has 72% LESS roof contact.
- Thin extrusion subject to warping: PRO ice melt system is twice as strong.
- Higher percentage of heat to ice and snow: PRO ice melt system has 45% MORE top surface area.
- More heat to ice and snow: PRO ice melt system has 86% more convective surface area along the top edge of the panel
Why is Summit better?
Because WE follow
the FOUR SIMPLE RULES:
- Minimize heat lost downward to the roof deck due to surface contact.
- Maximize heat transfer from the heater cables to the top melting surface.
- Maximize heat transfer from the heater cables to the drip edge.
- Eliminate air gaps in the heat transfer path. Air is an insulator and the enemy of efficient heat transfer.