The Patented HotSlot® Roof Ice Melt System
The Patented HotSlot Roof Ice Melt System is at the top of its class for energy efficiency and lowest in-place cost. It provides affordable ice and ice dam protection for projects on a limited budget. Its one-piece, one-size-fits-all profileis ideal for virtually all existing composition shingle and most metal roofs in Class 2 and Class 3 snow areas. Its commercial quality, baked-on finish provides years of excellent weather and UV resistance.
Regardless of roof slope or fascia angles, HotSlot’s smart design simplifies everything.
It fits around most existing gutters and the heating cable can be extended into gutters and downspouts. The heavy, highly conductive aluminum alloy eliminates the waviness (“oil-canning”) common with competing lightweight sheet metal systems. There are no unsightly fascia fasteners and the heater cable and slot are completely hidden from view. All these features ensure a rich, elegant, architectural finish.
The UL-rated heating system uses self-regulating heater cable technology that distributes heat only where and when it is needed. The hidden slot in the massive drip edge adheres to the NEC’s Section 426 allowing cable insertion, inspection, and replacement in the unlikely event of damage or failure. Systems may be operated manually or with an automatic controller. HotSlot’s engineered profile strictly follows the 4 Rules of Thermodynamics, ensuring the most energy-efficient design possible.
HotSlot, the workhorse that provides the economy and performance you need. Protecting your property with an advanced roof ice melt system has never been easier or more affordable.
HotSlot performing at 5°F.
At the heart of HotSlot is a self-regulating heater which is surrounded with a massive, highly conductive aluminum alloy. Shown here with the Medium Bronze factory finish.
HotSlot is easily installed directly onto most existing shingle and metal roofs with little or no preparation needed. There is no clamping, no drilling, nor special bending needed. The pre-drilled 8’ lengths are easy to handle and install. With composition shingle roofs, HotSlot’s top flange tucks under upper shingles. With metal roofing, HotSlot is simply inserted under the roofing panel. Matching waterproof screws effortlessly secure the system in place.
The heater cable is then inserted into a snug slot in the rear of the drip edge. This no-air-gap slot provides superior heat conduction from the cable to the massive and highly conductuve panel and integral drip edge. Combine HotSlot with the Valley Channel for complete roof protection. We offer an array of digital controllers. designed to meet your specific heating needs and budget.
HotSlot is easily installed onto composition shingle roofs.
- For minimizing ice dam and icicle formations in Class 2 and Class 5 snow areas
- 50% of the heater output of the PRO ice melt system
- Suitable for composition shingle and metal roofs
- Slopes 2/12 and greater
- Ten (10) year warranty on the HotSlot Panel
- Ten (10) year warranty on the heater cable (Extended to 20 years on pre-qualified projects)
- See warranty for complete details
- 12 watts/foot
Self-Regulating Heat Cable Provided:
- UL Listed, CSA Certified, and FM Approved
- 1 run per panel
- Model S1 for 110 V system
- Model S2 for 208, 240, and 277V systems
- High-grade factory baked-on paint finish
- Dark Bronze finish
- Medium Bronze finish
- Standard is 8′
- System is available in 4′ increments
- HotSlot panel pre-bored with 0.22″ holes at 22.5″ O.C., 5 holes per 8′ length
- Industrial quality self-regulating heater cable (1 LF of S1 or S2 12 watt/foot cable per foot of panel
- S1 or S2 self-regulating heater cable for leads, gutters, and downspouts
- Matching pre-painted ultra low-profile waterproof screws with T-25 Torx drive
- Power connection and splice kits
- 4-, 8- and 12-CDC 30A circuit digital ambient temperature controllers handle up to 4, 8, or 12 branch circuits, respectively